Every year, the requirements of the gaming industry for computer CPU cores are becoming stronger, and maximum performance is not very good on older PCs. This difference in texture and effects affects FPS (Frame Per Second – changeable frames per second) and the video game starts to slow down, which will make it very difficult to enjoy gameplay and proper gaming performance. Not everyone can afford Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card for extra frames.
How to configure fps display on steam
The gameplay frame rate can be shown on your screen, and there are many different programs that are used by professional players like Fraps. The program itself is used to capture and record video from the monitor, and it is often used to monitor frames in games since it has a convenient counter in the corner of the screen. But if you use the Steam platform, you have the opportunity to enable the FPS indicator without the intervention of other programs, but only using graphic settings.
Image result for PUBG or PUBG mobile(on phones) frame rate indicator for gaming
Enabling FPS setting in Steam launch options
To monitor the frame rate on the Steam platform, user needs to enable this option in the device settings:
- Run Steam on behalf of the administrator, and log in with your account.
- Go in the upper left corner, click on the Steam settings tab and go to the “Game Settings” menu.
- In the displayed list, look for and click on the item “In the game”.
- In the window that appears, find the “Display frame rate” and change display settings as your soul tells you (Choose the corner in which our FPS counter will be placed).
- Launch a video game with a fps option.
Showing FPS in Valve games
We know how to enable FPS in any game from the Steam launch options. In many products, the developers have foreseen the need for an integrated FPS meter in advanced settings. Steam's own creations (products from Valve – which is the owner of the site) have this game option in graphics settings. Valve has developed its engine, on which it launches competitive games such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Portal, Dota 2 and many others.
In graphics settings on the Source engine, the FPS meter can be called up using the console, first, we'll enable the called console in the product we need:
- Run Steam and log in your account.
- In the “Library”, select the item we need from the list, right-click it and go to the “Properties” submenu.
- In the “General” tab, find and click the button “Set launch options …”.
- Now in the field, we enter the command “-console”.
- It will be launched with the ability to edit the console.
- We enter the game and look in the control settings – with which button it opens, open the console and write the command “net_graph 0” (parameter 0 in the command disables the meter, and so it has a range from 1 to 4, that is, it has four different FPS meter).