Every year, the requirements of the gaming industry for computer hardware are becoming stronger, and performance is not very good on older PCs. This difference affects FPS (Frame Per Second – changeable frames per second) and the video game starts to slow down, which will make it very difficult to enjoy it.
How to configure fps display on steam
But the frame rate can be shown, and there are many different programs like Fraps. The program itself is used to capture and record video from the monitor, and it is often used to monitor frames in games since it has a convenient counter in the corner of the screen. But if you use the Steam platform, you have the opportunity to enable the FPS indicator without the intervention of other programs.
Image result for pubg fps counter
Enabling FPS in Steam
To monitor the frame rate on the Steam platform, enable it in the settings:
- Run Steam on behalf of the administrator, and log in with your account.
- Go in the upper left corner, click on the Steam tab and go to the “Settings” menu.
- In the displayed list, look for and click on the item “In the game”.
- In the window that appears, find the “Display frame rate” and change its property as your soul tells you (Choose the corner in which our FPS counter will be placed).
- Launch a video game with a frame rate indicator.
Showing FPS in Valve games
We know how to enable FPS in any game from the Steam platform. In many products, the developers have foreseen the need for an integrated FPS meter. And Steam’s own creations (products from Valve – which is the owner of the site) have it. Valve has developed its engine, on which it launches products such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Portal, Dota 2 and many others.
In programs on the Source engine, the FPS meter can be called up using the console, first, we’ll enable the called console in the product we need:
- Run Steam and log in from your account.
- In the “Library”, select the item we need from the list, right-click and go to the “Properties” submenu.
- In the “General” tab, find and click the button “Set launch options …”.
- Now in the field, we enter the command “-console”.
- It will be launched with the ability to edit the console.
6. We enter the game and look in the control settings – with which button it opens, open the console and write the command “net_graph 0” (parameter 0 in the command disables the meter, and so it has a range from 1 to 4, that is, it has four different FPS meter).